Software users recognized for ‘exemplary’ use of BIM in concrete, engineering and steel
BIM pioneer Tekla Inc., a software and online tools firm to the AEC industries, on Friday announced the winners of its 2013 Tekla North America BIM Awards.
Based in Kennesaw, Ga., Tekla is a subsidiary of Trimble Navigation, and its Tekla Structure software is widely known for its high-level 3D modeling of steel and rebar for the construction process.
The annual 3D modeling competition – now in its 11th year – recognizes companies for exemplary use of BIM and Tekla Structures across four categories: best use of BIM overall, engineering, steel and concrete.
The winners were selected by a panel of leading BIM experts as well as popular vote, Tekla said. This year’s winners in each category are:
- BIM:M3 Engineering and Technology Inc. for the Advanced Technology Solar Telescope (ATST), Hawaii
- Engineering:Buro Happold and Computer Detailing, Inc. for the Pinnacle Bank Arena (Haymarket Arena), Nebraska
- Steel:ADF Group for the Saint Patrick’s Bridge, Canada
- Concrete:Wayne Brothers for the BB&T Ballpark, Home of the Charlotte Knights, North Carolina
- Honorable Mention/Special Recognition:Norcal Structural Inc. for the San Francisco-Oakland Bay Bridge Cantilever Truss Demolition project, California
“Seeing these companies put into practice the results of our hard work in innovating to bring the building industry the latest in detailed 3D modeling software and online collaborations tools, is extremely rewarding,” said Hans Ehrnrooth, Tekla president.