The Awards Committee of the American Society for Photogrammetry and Remote Sensing (ASPRS) and the ASPRS Foundation announce the new ASPRS Government Services Scholarship for the 2022 application cycle. The scholarship is fully endowed at the initial amount of $5,000, with the potential for the award amount to grow in future years.
This scholarship, to be awarded annually, is designed to encourage upper-division, undergraduate-level and graduate-level college students in the United States or Canada to pursue a course of study in photogrammetry and related topics leading to a career in the geospatial mapping profession in the government sector (federal, state or local) within the United States. The scholarship also encourages geospatial professionals already in government service to pursue advanced degrees and provides a preference to U.S. veterans. ASPRS membership (active or student) is required.
An eligible candidate who wishes to be considered for the scholarship must submit an on-line application that includes the following items:
- A listing of courses taken or planned in photogrammetry and related geospatial information technologies, recognizing that instruction in remote sensing is often embedded in courses taught in many different disciplines
- A transcript of all college/university-level courses completed, and grades received, to demonstrate scholastic ability.
- A listing of internships, special projects, or work experience; technical papers, research reports or other documents; courses taught as a lecturer or teaching assistant; and presentations made that demonstrate the applicant’s capabilities in this field.
- Two letters of recommendation from faculty members or professionals having knowledge of the applicant’s capabilities (demonstrated or potential).
- A statement, not to exceed 2 pages, detailing the applicant’s educational and research goals that relate to the advancement of photogrammetry and related geospatial information technologies and the applications of these technologies.
Further information and application details will be available on the ASPRS web site in the early Fall.
Founded in 1934, ASPRS is an international professional organization of 1,500 geospatial data professionals. ASPRS is devoted to advancing knowledge and improving understanding of the mapping sciences to promote responsible application of photogrammetry, remote sensing, geographic information systems and supporting technologies.
About The ASPRS Foundation
Founded in 1979, The ASPRS Foundation, Inc. is an independent 501 (c) 3 organization established to provide grants, scholarships, loans and other forms of aid to individuals or organizations pursuing knowledge of imaging and geospatial information science and technology, and their applications across the scientific, governmental, and commercial sectors.