Landmark redevelopment to use Asite’s collaborative, cloud-based cBIM
AEC hosted application provider Asite Solutions Ltd. said Thursday the developers of the massive, £2.5 billion Wembley regeneration project underway on 85 acres in the London suburb of Wembley signed a five-year deal to use its cloud-based collaborative BIM (building information modeling) platform.
Quintain Estates & Development PLC, a U.K.-listed property company with major London developments at Wembley and Greenwich Peninsula, will use Asite cBIM for real-time visibility of their 3D designs connected to their commercial project data.
The regeneration of Wembley is one of the city’s big development projects slated for the 21st century, as spelled out in the 2004 London Plan.
The master plan for the Wembley site regeneration encompasses the 85 acres surrounding the national football stadium, which was rebuilt in 2007.
In a series of phases, Quintain plans to build 8.7 million-square-feet of accommodation consisting of more than 5,500 new homes as well as 3.5 million-square-feet of commercial, leisure and supporting uses, including a nine-screen movie cinema, restaurants and bars.
Asite said its cBIM platform delivers the following benefits:
- Connecting commercial data directly to the designs
- Brings visibility and control to shared information models
- Collaborative working across teams comprised of multiple disciplines and disparate systems
- Reduced errors from designing in isolation by working in the context of the overall model
- Reduced on-site problems from early design review and tracking of resultant actions
- Ability to immediately review the design progression during development and track critical decision making
- Centralizing all versions of the models for accessibility and version control
- Ability to view and walk through the project model and access the rich data without additional software
- Maintains a clear audit trail through version control and updates to the model
- Merges multiple model files and worksites from different project partners into one model
- Ability to collaboratively review and mark-up model files in the integrated 3D viewer
- Integrates document control and construction management with your BIM coordination process