The newest version of MicroSurvey FieldGenius streamlines survey stakeout and simplifies project startup and instrument configuration for an instant productivity boost on every job.
West Kelowna, BC, Canada – July 22, 2014 – MicroSurvey has released version 7 of FieldGenius, the next generation of MicroSurvey’s powerful survey data collection software. Featuring a redesigned stakeout routine, easier project workflows and enhanced connection capabilities, FieldGenius 7 contains many subtle changes that make a big difference for users.
The latest release offers big, bold navigation text during stakeout and also includes a compass view to intuitively navigate users to their point. A “next point” option helps users quickly find the nearest point to stake next. Settings for new projects are now centralized and can be saved as defaults for quick and easy access, and a more robust Bluetooth module automatically reestablishes communication link to equipment when needed.
Other efficiency improvements include:
- Easier Export Options – Users can now define unlimited fields and formats in the ASCII export screen.
- Better Backsight Calculations – A new multi-backsight routine can be used to combine multiple control points/directions and calculate a more accurate backsight orientation.
- Faster Bluetooth Connections – A new Bluetooth Device Manager stores device information to make it easier to switch between instruments.
- Simplified NTRIP Caster Management – Users can save all of their NTRIP settings in the caster manager and easily connect to NTRIP casters without re-entering the settings.
- GNSS Tolerance Override – Users can store GNSS measurements even when position tolerance is exceeded. A warning icon is displayed when storing points with inadequate status.
The already long list of supported coordinate systems, geoids, instruments, and data collectors has been expanded in the newest version of FieldGenius, making it easy to integrate into any existing survey operation.
“For FieldGenius 7, our entire focus has been on streamlining existing workflows to improve productivity for new and existing users,” said Jason Poitras, general manager of MicroSurvey. “All of the workflow improvements substantially lower the learning curve for accurate data collection and make it much easier to achieve high productivity day in and day out.”
To learn more or download a free demo, visit www.microsurvey.com.
MicroSurvey Software Inc., a member of the Hexagon family of companies, has been developing software and hardware solutions for the surveying and mapping industry for more than twenty five years.