FARO Technologies, Inc. (Lake Mary, FL) expanded the number of industry-targeted software products available bundled with its LS laser scanners.
- FARO Architecture with Autodesk ADT – for rapid modeling of buildings. List price (including FARO Cloud) is $6800.
- FARO Heritage with JRC Reconstructor – for historic preservationists’ needs to document archeological scenes, architecture and artwork. List price is $12,000.
- FARO Design with Geomagic Studio 8 – for reverse-engineering and design of large products, statues and other freeform-shape objects. List price is $19,950.
- FARO Compare with Geomagic Qualify 8 – for rapid comparison of large products and other freeform-shape objects with their original CAD file, in order to optimize first-article and production inspection, tool validation and spring-back analysis. List price is $5950.
- FARO Tunnel & Mining with ATS RR-Tunnel and Mining software – to simplify and speed comparison of tunnel point clouds with the original design file. List price is $12,000.
- FARO Forensic – a FARO software product based on FARO Scene, for analyzing crime and accident scenes through such functions as blood spatter analysis, bullet trajectory calculation, and high-resolution photo overlay with accurate measurement capability. List price is $2000.
All these software tools work with FARO Scene, the company’s software for viewing, administering, calibrating, filtering and managing point cloud data. Production shipment of the new bundles began June 15 except for FARO Forensic, which Bernd-Dietmar Becker, FARO’s Director of Product Management and Marketing for 3D Laser Scanning, tells us is currently available for beta testing at no charge.