If you’re interested in learning about the latest and greatest in 3D technology, SPAR 3D 2017 is the place for you. We have a comprehensive demo schedule lined up including all the leading manufacturers. Come handle the solutions, ask questions, and find the right technology for you.
Here’s a quick preview of the demos you’ll see onsite:
Crime Scene & Common Scanning Challenges – Live Demonstrations of 3D Technologies
SPAR 3D Expo & Conference is partnering with the International Association of Forensics and Security Metrology (IAFSM) to demonstrate how innovative 3D technologies are being utilized. Integrated into the crime scene will be common scanning challenges such as black, white and reflective surfaces.
A new addition to the show floor this year, IAFSM will bring a crash vehicle for demonstrations of Accident reconstructions. One side will be un-coated and the other will be prepared with a light coating to facilitate better scanning. Presentations of accident reconstruction demo results will be presented by IAFSM and vendors.
Virtual Reality (VR) – Immersive Participation Room
Uwe Woessner of Stuttgart University will be demonstrating 3D VR projection with head tracking in a dedicated room on the exhibit floor that will be open for the duration of the event.
Numerous exhibitors will be holding in-booth demos, including:
- Blue Marble Geographics
- Leica Geosystems
- Mantis Vision
- NC Tech
- Surphaser/ Basis Software
Several speakers will be conducting demonstrations during the conference sessions, including:
- Paul Tice of Topa 3D speaking on “ Rapid 3D Documentation Technology for AEC” on Monday 4/3 at 3:30
- Mark Radell & Alex Cunningham of McCarthy Building Companies, Inc. speaking on
Applied Virtual Reality for Improved Building Quality” on Monday 4/3 at 4:20pm
- Matt Lato of BCG Engineering speaking on “Art of Presentation of Sound Science” on Tuesday 4/4 11:25am
- Alan Robles & Scott DeWoody of Gensler speaking on AR & VR for Building Projects on Tuesday 4/4 at 2:25pm