A full-house for the SPAR ’15 keynote
The first thing you’ll notice is that we’ve changed our name for 2016. Why? To better reflect the focus on asset owners’ needs, specifically the business needs driving use of 3D technologies. We have invited asset owners to identify why their businesses want to use 3D technologies and what’s still needed from those technologies to help them achieve their vision. In other words, SPAR ’16 will focus on the why of 3D technology rather than the how.
Some things haven’t changed. SPAR 3D is still a vendor-neutral show featuring the latest and greatest in 3D technologies for capture, processing and visualization. We have prepared three days of cutting-edge presentations and content on topics in 3D tech for industrial facilities, AEC, oil & gas, mining, forensics and law enforcement, and digital historic preservation.
Here are some highlights:
We have a big slate of asset owners presenting on their experiences with 3D technology and the challenges it helped them to overcome. Look forward to sessions with:
- Boeing R&D
- Detroit Edison
- Highways England
- Lockheed Martin
- Oregon DOT
- Southern California Gas
- UK Police
- U.S. Army Corps of Engineers
…with more being added daily.
Keynotes and Plenary
Our 2016 keynotes and plenary feature asset owners discussing the why of using 3D technology.
- Walmart — JP Suarez, Executive Vice President, Real Estate Strategy and Process Improvement
- Boeing — Paul Davies, Associate Technical Fellow
- Wearality — David Smith, CTO
- Fluor — Ashish Shah, Project Manager
Are you an asset owner? Have you been waiting for the right time to jump and start using 3D technologies for your business? SPAR’s Basics of 3D Technologies conference track is for you.
The presentations in the track will help walk you through the first steps of using 3D technology with sessions on topics like:
- Business Drivers for Use of 3D Technologies
- Hiring a Service Provider
- Managing Large Data and Maximizing Your Investment
- Making a Case for Investing in 3D Technology
- Navigating the Hardware & Software Landscape: What Are the Best Tools for the Job?
Advanced 3D Tech for Pros
If you’ve been in the business for a while, you want to know what’s on the horizon for 3D tech. Our Advanced Technologies for 3D Pros track is for you. We will feature sessions on:
- Aerial Technologies (Flash LiDAR/Geiger-Mode LiDAR)
- Wearables and their Prospective Applications (Augmented Reality)
- Small-Scale 3D Tools (Handhelds)
- Effective Point Cloud Management
- Newest Techniques for Measuring Challenges
Want to lay your eyes on the coolest new tech? SPAR 2016 is featuring:
- Product previews showcasing the latest 3D solutions
- Live demonstrations so you can compare 3D tools in action
- AR/VR demos
- 3D body scans by Shapify (step into the booth for a full-body 3D model of yourself)
- SPAR CSI (join The Woodlands PD to experience how law enforcement captures data from a crime scene)
Since we’ve been planning this event for more than a year, there are a bunch of other things you’ll want to see, too.
- A technology bar to ask the experts your most pressing 3D-tech questions
- Networking offsite and on the show floor
- A closing panel featuring asset owners, who will challenge vendors and providers to solve their next-gen needs