3DReshaper 2015 is now available as a beta version. Here is a complete review in order to describe all new features.
- New command “Surveying/Building Extractor” to create very light models of building directly on a point cloud.
- New command “Image / Texture Atlas” to create static atlas textures from dynamic textures
- New command “Mesh / Color Along A Direction” to color a mesh according to a given axis (similar to Cloud / Color Along a Direction)
- New menu “Image” with all commands concerning texture management.
- New command “Image / Texture orthoimage” to apply orthophoto on a mesh
- Texture Mapping command: load textures from e57 files (pinhole and spherical)
- The background of the label can now be colored according to the deviation and tolerance: green, the deviation is inside the tolerance – red, the deviation is outside the tolerance
- Color and inspection information in a mesh are now exported to ply format
- In the “Polyline/Neutral Axis command”, it is now possible to choose the section type: circle or rectangle.
- In the “Polyline/Planar sections” command ,created sections names are now shorter, which allows to export them in lighter DXF files
- In the “Polyline/Sections along Curve” command, add an advanced option to define the section orientation as always perpendicular to the polyline segments. The default option is to interpolate the section orientation in order to avoid sharp orientation change. This default option was not relevant in case of large segments.
- In the “Polyline/Stretch contour” command, a new “Ok, Next” button allows to edit the same polyline several times without exiting the command.
- In the “Surveying/2DPreview – Export” command, the grid is now exported in the DXF format if shown.
- New implementation of Z+F file format import, fixing the registration import issue
- New quick way to create a label between two geometrical entities: select the nominal and then the measured element and hit the Measure/Measure with mouse.
- Numbers displayed in the labels are now shown with a thousand separator
- Scanning direction can be imported from ply format (when present)
- The calculation of the scanner position has been improved when loading PTX files. The result is a better rendering of the clouds in Smooth representation
- Use document units in the output of the volume measurement (command Measure/Volume)
- When scanning with an arm, the hole size can be defined. This allows to scan quickly and obtain nice surface results without holes.