3D Measurement & Imaging Conference Names 9 Members
17 June 2014 – Portland, Maine, USA – The organisers of SPAR Europe announced the members of the 2014 Advisory Board today. The group consists of nine 3D measurement and imaging experts from a variety of backgrounds, disciplines and industries. “We are thrilled to have such knowledgeable and experienced 3D professionals on our Advisory Board,” said Lisa Murray, SPAR 3D Director. “We will work closely with them on programming and session development, including abstract vetting and approval.” SPAR Europe will take place 8-10 December 2014 at the Passenger Terminal Amsterdam (PTA) in Amsterdam, The Netherlands.
The SPAR Europe Advisory Board is comprised of asset owners, service providers and academics. They represent the various industries the events cover, including building, architecture and construction; industrial facilities; forensic and security. “Our advisory members are driving 3D innovation,” said Ms. Murray. “They are uniquely qualified to help us design and shape the conference program because they understand first-hand the needs, challenges and wishes of users.” The Advisory Board’s first task will be to vet abstracts submitted for consideration for the 2014 Conference Programme.
The 2014 SPAR Europe Advisory Board members are:
- Erik Claassen, Manager Geo-Information, Fugro GeoServices B.V.
- Marius Blom, Managing Director, Apply Capnor
- Marc de Bruyne, 3D Design Improvement Leader, Dow Chemical Benelux
- Nick Cooper, Senior Collision Investigator, South Wales Police
- Birgitta Foster, Director of Facilities Integration, ACAI Technologies, Inc.
- Dieter Fritsch, Head of Photogrammetry Institute, University of Stuttgart
- Matthew McCarter, CAD Technician, London Underground
- Jörg Meixner, Geographer, Owner MexConsult ; Partner, Mantis Vision; Consultant, Z+F
- John Meneely, School of Geography, Archaeology and Palaeoecology, Queens University Belfast
- Alec Miljkovic, IT Stategy Manager Capital Projects, Shell Global Solutions International BV
The conference programme will be posted in early September on the SPAR Europe website.
Registration will be available online on 1 August 2014. Full conference, single-day and exhibits-only passes are offered. Group discounts are also available. Early registrants receive the best rates.
About SPAR Europe
SPAR Europe is a conference & exhibition focused on end-to-end business and technology considerations for 3D measurement and imaging for building, architecture and construction; industrial facilities; forensic and security. It takes place 8-10 December 2014 at the Passenger Terminal Amsterdam in Amsterdam, The Netherlands with European LiDAR Mapping Forum. SPAR Europe is presented by SPAR 3D and produced by Diversified Communications. For more information, visit www.SPARPointGroup.com/Europe.
About SPAR 3D
SPAR 3D organizes conferences and provides news and information for professionals involved in 3D measurement and imaging technologies. Content– delivered in-person and online– gives practitioners tools and information to make better business decisions. SPAR 3D organizes SPAR Europe, European LiDAR Mapping Forum, SPAR International, International LiDAR Mapping Forum and SPAR Japan. SPAR 3D is wholly-owned by Diversified Communications. For more information, visit www.SPARPointGroup.com.